Terms and Conditions for Equipment Hire
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE HIRING OF EQUIPMENT FROM WEDDING AND EVENT PROP HIRE
- Prices quoted are for one period of hire: 48 hours or Friday to Monday or as agreed.
- Please note hired items are constantly reused, therefore there maybe slight imperfections or slight variations in shape and size. The hirer or hirer’s agent is responsible for any loss, dirty or damage to hired goods and packaging from the time of delivery until the time of collection or return to Wedding and Event Prop Hire.
- Losses, damage and dirty goods are charged at the full list replacement cost, including burnt, mildewed, torn or heavily soiled linen which cannot be made clean. A breakage deposit may be payable on booking which will be refunded once the order is checked back.
It is the hirer’s responsibility to arrange insurance in regard to theft, damage and public liability whilst goods and equipment are on hire.
- All equipment must be used in a safe manner, taking into account any instructions supplied with the equipment. No responsibility is accepted by Wedding and Event Prop Hire for injury or damage caused by improper use of equipment.
Deliveries to unoccupied premises or third parties are at the hirer’s own risk.
- Unless definite proof can be provided to the contrary, no liability is accepted by Wedding and Event Prop Hire that our checking back of stock numbers and condition is incorrect.
- On acceptance of delivery, any discrepancies from the delivery note must be reported immediately and every effort will be made to rectify shortages before the start of your event.
- Extra delivery and collection costs may be incurred if the hirer does not make clear before delivery any difficult to access premises which may require further staff or extra time, especially for heavy or large items.
- Orders not ready for collection or goods not cleaned at the agreed collection time may incur extra costs for the waiting time involved.
- Deposits are non refundable to secure booking. We reserve the right to charge for late cancellations.
All goods and packaging remain the property of Wedding and Event Prop Hire with the exception of polythene bags which should be disposed of safely.
- Full payment is due 10 days before delivery/collection of order for non account customers.
- Account customers have strictly 14 days from the invoice date before full payment is due. Interest charges will be charged on overdue accounts.